From April 5 to September 30 you can take part in the competition. To do this, you need to register on National Geographic website (if you have not already done so) and upload photos taken in Russia.
The main prize - 300 000 RUB (around 10 000 USD).
- For the citizens of the Russian Federation, from 0 to 17 years (inclusive) in the framework of "Wild Russia" there is a separate category "Young Talents".
- Nature in black and white. Black-and-white photography. The object can be any landscape, animal, plant or other living organism.
- Landscapes. Landscape photography of wildlife.
- Mothers and calves. Photos loving relationship between mothers and their offspring in the animal world.
- Birds. Pictures of birds in their habitat.
- Mammals. Photos of animals in their habitat.
- The protected Russia. Photos showing parts of unspoilt Russia, protected areas (nature reserves, national parks, natural parks, wildlife sanctuaries, natural monuments, etc.), do not contain objects of human life (buildings, structures, etc.).
- Macro. Format pictures - closeup.
- From dusk until dawn. Photos taken at night.
- Plants. Photos of plants in their natural environment.
Source: the article is written to attract more attention to the competition. All material and photos belong to the National Geographic. Official website