George Ivanovich Vega mansion, built in Kinovievskom ultramarine plant.
Eclecticism in 1890.
Kinovievsky ultramarine plant (now "Pigment") established industrialist George Vega in 1876, at the end of the XIX century. He built a mansion (the author of the project is unknown.) Today the complex is identified by an object of cultural heritage, and the mansion - a regional landmark building. (сайт Мир Петербурга)
On the stairs, rich moldings, including caryatids (one on the 1st floor - a 75% missing), wall paintings - a grotesque ornament. Obviously, it was gilding. Cast iron railings, cast (f-ka San Galli?) Repeating unit. Between the 1st and the 2nd flight of stairs facetted mirror of complex shape (right missing). At the site of the 2nd floor mirrors the same shape.
On the second floor there is a room (living room), where you can see the wall paintings - floral pattern with roses on a green background. Very high quality fulfilled. Molded socket, cartouches on the ceiling. In the main space plafond painting is missing (it can be done on canvas). Started clearing the paintings that have been cleared, the tracing paper pasted over, inhibited. There was a stove or fireplace, have disappeared long ago. In the room of the 1st floor before the stairs particularly beautiful moldings on the ceiling, eclecticism. Doors with carved corners, not very complicated. From the main front balcony with a metal grate, casting.
The building dampness. The walls are corroded by the fungus. Heating is, but broken drainage. The cultural layer on the outside of the building is 80 cm to cobble the last century.
Back to the house adjacent furnace shop 7500 sq. m. (Ultramarine shop with original metal structures that support the arch (on rivets.) The restoration suspended due to lack of money. Currently mansion owned by JSC SPC "Pigment", the factory number 5. (Е. Ю. Иванов Каталог-Путеводитель по витражам Санкт-Петербурга (Период до 1917 года) СПб 2001 с. 238-241)
Where: Saint-Petersburg, Oktiabrskaya embankment (Октябрьская набережная), 38
Photos: Roman Vezenin